Designed by Georg Nissen her clean lines, sophisticated rig with ample sail area and careful weight saving make the 50CS an extremely easy yacht for a couple to handle while guaranteeing optimal trimming possibilities and high average speeds in all conditions.
Once onboard, you?ll immediately notice the spacious and totally clean deck area with wide gangways and the halyards led below deck. In addition, the balanced spade rudder and the smaller foretriangle ensure an extremely manoeuvrable yacht that can tack easily and quickly.
The ultra-spacious and well sheltered cockpit, with its fixed cockpit table, is another highlight.
Hull and deck are made of high quality materials.
Several interior arrangements are available within the structural bulkheads and keel grid.
- Hull in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins, infused with vinylester resin.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas like the keel area.
- First layer after gelcoat is a special barrier coat.
- Structural bulkheads fully laminated to hull and deck.
- Two year warranty.
- Hull: gelcoat white.
- Stripe and waterlines: dark blue.
- Antifoul: 2 layers.
- Deck in sandwich, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Deck: gelcoat white.
- Laminate consisting of quadraxial and biaxial E-glass for inner and outer skins.
- Local unidirectional E-glass reinforcements.
- Solid laminate in structural areas where deck equipment is fitted.
- Deck lockers and anchor locker in composite with white gelcoat finish and aluminium hatches.
- 12 mm hand laid teak deck, toe rail, cockpit seats, cockpit sole and teak detailing around the cockpit.
- Vacuum infused composite structural bulkheads in sandwich, using the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Vacuum infused composite longitudinals in sandwich, using the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Lead performance keel with bulb.
- Keel bolted through solid laminate using stainless steel bolts.
- Keel girders in sandwich (PVC foam core), vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Fully balanced composite spade rudder.
- Fibre orientated rudder laminate, vacuum infused composite with the Conyplex vacuum infusion system®.
- Aluminium rudderpost.
- JEFA rudder bearings.
- JEFA steering system.
- Large cockpit, suitable for six people with helmsman?s position.
- Winches and sheets situated within reach of helmsman?s position.
- Two alcoves for storage of sheets and other small deck gear.
- Pad eyes for safely harnesses mounted in cockpit.
Hatches and windows
- Low profile aluminium deck hatches.
- Portlights and windows in hull.
- Thermopane windows in coach roof of Deck version A.
- Chemically hardened, laminated windows in coach roof of Deck version B.
Deck hardware and equipment
- Stainless steel 316 stem head fitting.
- Stainless steel 316 guard rails 62 cm high with 2 wires.
- Stainless steel 316 bathing ladder.
- Stainless steel 316 deck fillers.
- Stainless steel 316 hand rails on cabin roof.
- Stainless steel 316 anti chafe rails below mooring cleats.
- Stainless steel 316 mooring cleats; two cleats with two fairleads forward, two cleats amidships, two cleats aft and two fairleads
- on stern.
- Flagpole with stainless steel 316 support and flag.
- Aluminium emergency tiller.
- One yellow lifebuoy in stainless steel 316 supports fitted in deck locker.
- Self draining gas bottle locker in deck. Including one bottle with gas regulator valve. Extra space for second bottle in locker.
- Fixed teak cockpit table (foldable) with stainless steel 316 support and canvas cover.
- Boat hook in aluminium stowed on lower shroud.
- Six fenders with socks and ropes.
- Four 20 m 16 mm mooring warps.
- Two 25 m 16 mm mooring warps.
- Deck fittings.
- Aluminium self tailing winches throughout.
- Four winch handles.
- Foldable chain plate on deck for removable cutter stay Halyards led back to cockpit (under deck) with organizers and rope clutches.
- Integrated anchor launching system in bow.
- Electric anchor winch, including remote control.
- 25 kg Delta anchor with 50 m galvanised 10 mm anchor chain.
- Anchor chain marked each 10 m.
- JEFA steering pedestal (rack and pinion system) with 1100 mm steering wheel and leather grip.
- Compass including cover.
As with all Contest Yachts the interior will be fully made at our own yard in Medemblik, with great attendance to flexibility and detailing.
- Teak joinery.
- Light oak floor.
- Matt varnished.
- White painted teak and matt varnished teak side panelling.
- Padded headboard in aft cabin.
- Fixed free standing sofa.
- Chrome fittings throughout.
- Shower stalls with on handle mixer valves.
- Teak doors 30 mm with anti-rattle door locks.
- CORIAN colour ?Linen? worktops in galley with 2 sinks.
- CORIAN colour ?Linen? tops in each head with moulded CORIAN washbasins.
- Design taps.
- Three-burner cooker with oven and grill fitted on gimbals (stainless steel).
- Quality upholstery, colour to owners? choice.
- Quality curtains for portholes and skylight hatches; colour to owners? choice.
- Lee cloths in all berths.
- Overhead lights in all cabins with wall switches.
- 230V sockets.
- Dimmers on overhead lights in saloon.
- Automatic lighting (30 seconds) when opening companionway hatch.
- Transparent chart holder on top of sliding companionway hatch.
- Dedicated storage space for washboards.
- Wet locker with drainage for stowage of wet oilskins.
- Trotter box in wet locker for extra berth.
- Red navigation light above charttable.
- Careful noise reduction throughout.
- Engine room well insulated.
- Sprung slats in aft cabin.
- 7-zone latex mattresses in all cabins.
- 36-set (6 persons) of Contest Yachts porcelain crockery .
- 24-set (6 persons) of drinking glasses and bottle stowage in bar.
- Garbage bin under companionway stairs.
- Extensive mirrors in both heads.
- 24VDC and 230VAC system on board.
- Dedicated technical area next to aft shower area for switches and fuses.
- 4 x service batteries: Gell 85 Ah.
- 1 x starter battery: Gell 50 Ah.
- Emergency engine start on service batteries.
- 230V shore power connection, including cable 25 m with CE connector.
- 230VAC distribution system with 16A ground fault circuit breaker including 230V socket.
- All seacocks under the waterline are grounded.
- All main switches situated at the switchboard.
- All navigation lights with control LED?s operated from the switchboard.
- Tank level gauges situated at the switchboard.
- Water in boat
- Running bilge pump
- Water in fuel
- Battery level
- Black water tank aft cabin
- Switch for navigation lights on engine/sailing.
The boat is CE certificated category A (unlimited ocean voyages).
Lloyds certificate on hull.